Having recently completed cutting the cord, we're now saving $63 a month / $756 a year! Now I'm going to tell you exactly how we did it!
Music to my ears.
Top 16 Albums of 2016
- Glass Animals - How to Be a Human Being
- Bernard Fanning - Civil Dusk
- MONO - Requiem for Hell
- Explosions in the Sky - Wilderness
- Mogwai - Atomic
- Hammock - Everything and Nothing
- Wintersleep - The Great Detachment
- Richard Ashcroft - These People
- Alex Lloyd - Acoustica
- The Lumineers - Cleopatra
- Lapsley - Long Way Home
- Russian Circles - Guidance
- Tall Heights - Neptune
- Wild Belle - Dreamland
- RY X - Dawn
- Flume - Skin
- Flume - Skin Companion EP 1
Top 20 Songs of 2016
- Youth - Glass Animals
- The Way I Do - Bishop Briggs
- Square Hammer - Ghost
- River - Bishop Briggs
- Get Out - Frightened Rabbit
- Million Reasons - Lady Gaga
- Amerika - Wintersleep
- Poplar St - Glass Animals
- Magnificent (She Says) - Elbow
- Touch - Shura
- Ophelia - The Lumineers
- Heater - Flume
- This Living Wage - No Hope/No Harm
- Swim - Dan Croll
- White Noise - Ella Vos
- Spirit Cold - Tall Heights
- Mississippi River - Wild Belle
- Higher - The Naked and Famous
- We Can Be Real Again - No Hope/No Harm
- No Answers - Amber Run
If you haven't heard about Created By Detroit yet, they're building a Detroit Design Community that will house a Creative Directory to connect artists, designers, and all other creative people with business owners and corporate partners.
The Detroit Creative Community has needed a grassroots effort like this for some time, so really excited to see this come about. Funny thing is a few friends and I have talked about creating something similar for years, but we never made it happen.
I'm honored to be featured and thanks to Paige for reaching out to me!
- A new, proper, Kosta Bold website is in the works and will launch by the new year.
- Finnllow.com isn't going away, but it will change and serve a different purpose in the new year.
- My story online was shortened for social media constraints, so the full length version is below.
Kosta Bold was born in Detroit and has been inspired by the city in some way ever since. From the time he could hold a pencil, he knew he wanted to be an artist. Growing up close to the Canadian border, Kosta watched a lot of Mr. Dressup and to this day cites him as his biggest childhood inspiration.
A believer in the Massimo Vignelli thinking of "If you can design one thing, you can design everything," Kosta is excited by the challenges of new mediums to show that Graphic Design really is Visual Problem Solving. Over the years, he's shown this by designing 16x16-pixel favicons, posters, jerseys, vehicle wraps, and even a giant 1,600-pound banner on the side of the Chase Building in Campus Martius.
Constantly working at his craft over the past 16-years, he's most recently known for his Bold Brush Script and lettering from Hour Detroit Magazine and the Cass Park Village logo. Kosta aspires to work with brands, people, and projects with purpose and those that inspire him. Dream projects include working on City or Place Branding, Animal Welfare Campaigns, Pearl Jam Album and Tour, Le Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, the Olympics, Detroit Tigers and Pistons, and other Detroit-related projects. If a major league soccer team finally comes to the city, branding everything from the soccer kits to stadium wayfinding would be the ultimate project!
Kosta Bold creates Bold Work for Bold Clients. To view more work of his work or to hire for your project, please visit at www.finnllow.com. You can also purchase cycling poster and t-shirt designs at www.grinta.cc and shop other merch at finnllow.redbubble.com.
So why Finnllow? He loves his dogs, Finnegan and Willow (Finnegan + Willow = Finnllow). A new Kosta Bold site is in the works, but until then... more dog pictures. :)
Need a logo or a website? How can I help you to take your brand / company / idea to the next level? I've worked with a wide range of budgets and clients over the years and am looking to take on new projects for new clients...